In a press release today, Competition Bureau Canada is recommending increased clarity in pricing and contract conditions, be included in CRTC’s proposed code for Internet services.
In response to a recent CRTC call for comments, the Competition Bureau has made the following recommendations in their submission to the CRTC:
- Customers should receive quotes that are clear, simple and standardized;
- Advertised prices should include all mandatory fees;
- Services represented as “unlimited” should actually be unlimited;
- The code should be competitively neutral, without being overly burdensome; and,
- The code should be reviewed regularly, and at the same time as other codes.